Who controls the processing of your personal data?
Nomad, incorporated under the laws of Belgium under number 0770.700.335, with registered offices in 1020 Laken (Belgium), Breeschstraat 44 processes the data collected concerning you, and is responsible for the processing of personal data for any collection of data concerning you in connection with the services offered by Nomad Ferments
Nomad Ferments may appoint processors who will be responsible for processing your personal data on our behalf. We commit to appoint and use only processors capable of guaranteeing a sufficient level of protection of your personal data.
What personal data do we collect?
Nomad Ferments collects and processes data about you for the purposes listed below and detailed below:
- Personal contact data: such as name, (e-mail) address, phone number, date of birth, gender.;
- Account login details: such user ID, username, password, e-mail address;
- Internet browsing data: such as IP address and other browsing data;
- Payment data: such as billing and shipping data, credit card or other financial data necessary to process payments;
We do not collect personal data concerning you indirectly, i.e. by other means than you directly.
For what purposes do we collect your personal data?
We collect and process your personal data to provide you with the best online, purchase and customer services. In order to achieve our goal, we may collect and further process your personal data for the following purposes, in particular:
- The possibility to create an account
- Allowing you to benefit from Nomad Ferments’ services, order products and services, track your orders and their invoicing, etc…
- Management and follow-up of communications exchanged
- Management of your requests related to the exercise of your rights of access, rectification, opposition, etc., in accordance with the regulations on personal data;
- to trace and administer the evidence that Nomad Ferments must report in accordance with its legal or regulatory obligations or for purposes related to the management of litigation (e. g. the necessary evidence concerning the exercise of your rights, evidence relating to your orders);
- to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations applicable to Nomad Ferments’ activity (e.g. to respond to requests from the tax authorities).
On what grounds do we process your personal data?
Generally speaking, we process your personal data because such processing is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and Nomad Ferments. This is notably the case when you place orders through our website or when you set up your online account. The data we may process on this occasion includes notably your contact, shipping and billing details that enable us to process your orders. We process your personal data on that ground to provide the best online, purchase and customer services possible.
On limited occasions, certain processing activities may be required by law. In this case, Nomad Ferments processes your personal data in order to comply with its legal obligations.
Where processing activities are based on your consent, you are always entitled to withdraw such consent. Withdrawing your consent shall not affect the lawfulness processing activities which occurred before your withdrawal.
Deze sites kunnen gegevens over je verzamelen, cookies gebruiken, extra tracking van derde partijen insluiten en je interactie met deze ingesloten inhoud monitoren, inclusief het vastleggen van de interactie met ingesloten inhoud als je een account hebt en ingelogd bent op die site.
Who will be able to access your data?
When we share your personal data, we make sure we only do so with organisations capable of guaranteeing an equivalent level of protection to the one we apply to our processing activities.
Your personal data will be shared with the following third parties for the purposes described hereafter:
– The service providers and subcontractors of Nomad Ferments
– Administrative or judicial authorities, if need be, in order to comply with our legal obligations or to enable us to defend our rights and interests.
There are different categories of cookies:
- Essential/functional cookies: which a website cannot run smoothly without;
- Preference cookies: which augment the browsing experience of users by gathering their browsing preferences (language, region, etc.);
- Analytics cookies: which are used to aggregate statistical data;
Our cookies are developed in a manner that they will only be placed on your terminal after a positive action from your side consenting on their placement, except as essential/functional cookies are concerned. This is because without these cookies, our website cannot run smoothly.
How long do we store your data?
The data collected about you will be kept for the period necessary to fulfil the above purposes, plus the period of legal prescription.
Thus, as a main rule, your account data (registration) will be kept for the duration of your membership. It may then be stored and processed for 3 years following your last contact, to enable us to send you commercial solicitations.
The data concerning you may be stored for a longer period of time in accordance with specific legal obligations or with regard to the applicable legal limitation periods. For example, data can be stored for:
– 6 years for tax documents;
– 10 years for accounting documents;
– throughout the duration of the disputes and until all legal remedies have been exhausted.
Finally, in the event of the exercise of their rights by the persons concerned, data relating to identity documents may be kept for the applicable legal limitation periods, i.e. for a maximum period of 3 years.
How do we protect your personal data?
We understand that the security of your personal data is paramount. We make our best efforts to protect your personal data from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We have implemented various technical and organisational measures to best ensure the security and integrity of your personal data.
Nomad Ferments chooses subcontractors or service providers who offer guarantees in terms of quality, security, reliability and resources to ensure the implementation of technical and organisational measures, including processing security. Subcontractors and service providers undertake to respect confidentiality levels at least identical to those of Nomad Ferments.
What are your rights regarding Nomad Ferments processing activities of your data?
Where Nomad Ferments processes your personal data, you are entitled to exercise certain rights the GDPR empowers you with.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, you are invited to send a motivated request to email@example.com. Nomad Ferments endeavours to react to a request to exercise any of the rights listed hereunder without undue delay and in any event within one month from receipt of said request.
Right of access
You have the right to obtain the confirmation from us that your personal data are being processed and to access those data together with basic information relating to the processing of this data, such as the purposes of the processing, the categories of data concerned, the recipients or categories of recipient to whom the data have been or will be disclosed, the envisaged retention period of the data, the right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority, etc.
Right to rectification
You have the right to request from us the correction and rectification of any inaccurate personal data.
Right to erasure
Where applicable, you have the right to request the erasure of your personal data, when:
- Your personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which we collected it for;
- You withdraw the consent that you had previously granted us to process your personal data provided we cannot rely on another legal ground for processing your personal;
- The personal data are not being processed lawfully; or
- Your personal data needs to be deleted to comply with the law.
Right to restriction
Where applicable, you also have the right to restrict Nomad Ferment’s processing of your personal data, when:
- You do not believe the personal data we have about you is accurate;
- Your personal data is not being processed lawfully and instead of deleting this data, you would rather restrict our processing of this data instead;
- We no longer need your personal data for the purposes we processed it initially but your require the data in order to establish, exercise or defend legal claims;
- You have objected to the processing of your personal data and are awaiting verification on whether your interests related to that objection outweigh our legitimate grounds for processing your data.
Right to data portability
Your personal data is portable. You can request to receive from us your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format so you can transmit it to another controller. You can only exercise this right where the processing:
- is based on your consent;
- is necessary for the performance of a contract;
- is carried out by automated means.
Right to object
Where applicable, you may be entitled to object to the processing of your personal data at any time.
The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
You have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority if you doubt that Nomad Ferments’ processes your personal data in accordance with the GDPR.
The Belgian Data Protection Authority (Autorité de Protection des Données or Gegevensbeschermingsautoriteit) is the competent supervisory authority to monitor Nomad Ferments data processing activities. It can be contacted via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Would you like to contact us?
If you have any queries and comments regarding our privacy and data protection policies, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.